Power FC on a Rev2 (again...)

Posts about anything do to with modifying your car such as fitting aftermarket parts, bodykit, or tuning the engine for more performance.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

CharlesK

Power FC on a Rev2 (again...)

Post by CharlesK »

Right, sorry for the long post but I had to do it...
The time has come for me to go to a stand alone EMS on my Rev2 tubby :D

I've been offered a Rev3 power FC at a really good price ,and I'm thinking to get it (over the AP engineering one...).

I know that I'll also need a IAT sensor, a MAP sensor (thinking of running around 1.3bar) and a Rev3 igniter....
Any other parts I need for the conversion (I'm also ditching the AFM so obviously some sort of pipe work will be needed...)

I've also got SARD 800cc injectors, ATS fuel rail and a Walbro pump to put in and after that I'll hopefully be ready to get some serious power out of it...
I know that I have to mess about with the loom to fit it but what I was wondering is if anyone knows what has to be done exactly or can provide me with wiring diagrams for rev3 and 2 (ecu).
Are the connectors the same?
Does any body knows the part no for the Rev3 IAT sensor? (any fitting kits available for it?/where is it located on the rev 3?)
Part no of the rev3 igniter?
Should I get a Rev3 MAP sensor (which part no) or should I go for a cheap GM one?
And finally does it worth it messing about or should I bite the bullet and get the AP engineering one from the first place? :? :?

Thanks
Charles
nutter

Re: Power FC on a Rev2 (again...)

Post by nutter »

Hi m8,

I've started looking into this myself. Thor racing do conversion wiring looms to get the rev 3 fc onto the rev2. Give them a buzz. If you do can you post the price for me? I didn't want to bother them as i don't have the cash to do this bit yet :)
dude541

Post by dude541 »

i will be doing the same soon, sourcing my own sensors etc but would be interested in the price of the loom from thor
CharlesK

Post by CharlesK »

Right,
I've been on the phone with Thor today and they confirmed that , they are doing a conversion lead. For the people that asked, they quoted me £50 which sounds to me like money well spend since it saves messing about with the loom, for it so I'm having it :D
Thats sorted, now I just need to sort out the sensors & igniter (any sudgestions?) and to book the car in for a re-map/dyno run...
Anybody wants to make a guess of what I'll get out of it?
(I've already got a mongoose, decat, TT hybrid CT26, Greddy IC + the bits I've already mentioned above...)
nutter

Post by nutter »

cool thanks for the info m8. Reading ur spec it looks like your limiting factor will be the turbo (depending on what TT have done to it) i think you should be able to get 300 at the wheels no probs

Return to “Modifications”