lightened flywheel

Posts about anything do to with modifying your car such as fitting aftermarket parts, bodykit, or tuning the engine for more performance.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

832ARK

lightened flywheel

Post by 832ARK »

Hi

Am goin to change the clutch soon on my Rev5 NA. Is it worth gettin a lightend/balanced flywheel?

If so where from & how much?

Cheers

Alistair
dai21t

Re: lightened flywheel

Post by dai21t »

http://www.funkyproduct.co.uk/item_deta ... rodID=2297

If you buy it let me know if its any good, been thinking about it myself.
MR2lover

Post by MR2lover »

i have a lightened flywheel on my n/a and a performance clutch, both brought from funky product. great service and great products

The throttle response and pick up of the revs is alot better now fitted which helps the 3sge engines as they have all the power in the higher rpm range espically above 5000 rpm :D

The lauching is a bit wierd now as the flywheel is lighter and doesn't have the torque to really wheel spin at the start of a race but the launch is massive lunge if u keep the car at around 5000rpm and then drop the clutch
dai21t

Post by dai21t »

What make clutch did you get? I looked on their site and couldn't find a clutch for the NA. I'm running a bit of nitrous as well so need one that'll take about 280bhp.
Graeme Shaw

Post by Graeme Shaw »

Im running a lightened flywheel, and i beleive the car feels quiker lower down in the revs.
However i also have an uprated clutch, and off the line the pick up is fantastic!
The car revs alot better too, it just wants to rev away!

Got mine off GTS Chris (good price)

Graeme
832ARK

Post by 832ARK »

That flywheel quite expensive. Any way of doing it cheaper?

Cheers

Alistair
Nico

Post by Nico »

I have a cusco one on my 2, I'd say its worth doing when you change your clutch or not bothering at all... ,makes the car rev up and down easier but the down side is you would have to down shift earlier on a really steep hill...

I think its better and makes gear changes pick up quicker when you raise the clutch...

cheers

nico

Return to “Modifications”