do we as a club go to Trax?

Thinking of arranging an event, looking for an event in an area - ask in here!

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

john_p_b

do we as a club go to Trax?

Post by john_p_b »

just wondering, been out of the showing scene for a while but used to love showing my old car and trax was always a good show for me so just wondering if we as a club show at the event or anything similar?

cheers
john
Scott Barton
IMOC Committee

Re: do we as a club go to Trax?

Post by Scott Barton »

When and where is Trax? If there is enough interest i could arrange a club outing! :lol:
IMOC - winners of JAE best overall club stand 2010, 2013, 2014 & 2017!
1994 GT-S T-Bar 397bhp with NOS *sold*
2016 Porsche Cayman 981GTS 347bhp Flat Six
Jaspa
IMOC Moderator

Post by Jaspa »

It's at donny or silverstone nearer the end of the show season I think. Went a couple of years back, was not bad.

Stuart
I asked God for a bike, but I know God doesn't work that way. So I stole a bike and asked for forgiveness.
Scott Barton
IMOC Committee

Post by Scott Barton »

Ah yes....i seem to recall its run by the same organisers as JAE.
Will keep my eyes peeled for any info. :thumleft:
john_p_b

Post by john_p_b »

date confirmed as 6th of september.

been to it for the last 5 years or so now either showing or just for a walk around and always enjoyed the day so would be good to go again and be part of it. (plus get cheaper tickets and inside parking for showing! lol)

http://www.traxshows.co.uk/

should be all the details there.

is there a list somewhere on here or shows the club attends etc?
Scott Barton
IMOC Committee

Post by Scott Barton »

john_p_b wrote:date confirmed as 6th of september.

been to it for the last 5 years or so now either showing or just for a walk around and always enjoyed the day so would be good to go again and be part of it. (plus get cheaper tickets and inside parking for showing! lol)

http://www.traxshows.co.uk/

should be all the details there.

is there a list somewhere on here or shows the club attends etc?

Thanks for that.

Basically any events the club are attending are in the 'Events' section. If there are any local shows to you, or are any bigger shows that are not listed feel free to add them. :thumleft:
tonigmr2
IMOC Committee

Post by tonigmr2 »

We used to go (indeed I have been with IMOC on a stand I arranged). But it got a big of a rough show to go to, full of corsas and the like, so I packed it in. Perhaps it's improved now...
Bender Unit

Post by Bender Unit »

Thought this was a massive chav fest? Its got a huge crime problem from what I have heard. Cars get broken into and stolen in the car parks, or being stipped of bits in the car park, or being low loaded away. Oh and 2 years back wasnt some poor girl also raped in public in the car park?
Scott Barton
IMOC Committee

Post by Scott Barton »

:shock:
Bender Unit

Post by Bender Unit »

Indeed - do some searches and I suspect you will turn up a fair few bad experiences. Its obvious alot of nice cars are going to attend and those cars are going to be parked for hours on end unattended in a field and people never pay any attention even if they think something dodgy is going on - so ripe for theft.

I remember the time when I stupidly locked my keys in my car and broke into it myself in the middle of the Castle Combe Rally Day (no one, looked at me or challenged me and asked what I was doing) - guess the same thing applies to Trax if you saw a guy jacking a car up in the middle of the car park and removing his wheels would you think he was nicking them or say anything?
Mike 'MR2' McHugh

Post by Mike 'MR2' McHugh »

Ive been to Trax once........didnt take my two....but was indeed a chavtastic day. The Jonny Concrete BMW club was there and also Vauxhall Corsa Club in association with Halfords. There were some nice cars there but unfortunately mainly Max power featured cars etc...... :|
It goes..Uhn tiss Uhn tiss Uhn tiss
slipping clutch

Post by slipping clutch »

I have been a few times - there is a bit of something for every one at trax but I do have to admit that the trade stands are more aimed at the "younger element/maxpower brigade" BUT the track time isnt too unreasonable and can be pretty amusing to watch. Plus you get a session of drift racing to watch thrown in as well.The 0-60 is cheap to enter and is a bit of fun.
In summary its an interesting day out that can be fun if you dont take it too seriously. That said if you have a low tolerance of the younger generation and 7 million watt stereos and bass speakers stay away.
I have always been able to tag along with one club or another so have parked in the club areas and have never personally had any problems with wheels etc. being stolen - infact I have been suprised at the interest people young and older have shown in my mr2 especially as it isnt anything special to look at and I am a grumpy old man. I cannot comment on the security of the "field parking areas" as I have never seen them first hand.

Return to “Events Discussion”