What dash warning lights mean

Anything and everything to do with mechanical issues with your Mk2

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

letsgotothepub

Re: What dash warning lights mean

Post by letsgotothepub »

dellams wrote:Cheers for all the info guys! :thumleft:

Any idea what the light to the right of the battery one is? Its not on the page posted up. It looks like a square with a pipe each end and steam lines coming off the top? Maybe the rad or something?

I cant work it out, my car was fine and then yesterday the battery, the rad? and the engine bay fan lights all came on! Could it be the alternator maybe?

The rad fan at the front still works since I can hear it and when left idling it does not overheat. Ill check the engine bay fan tonight.

Cheers.

Hi, i also have this problem which happens randomly, i have a decat pipe fitted, can anyone shed any light on this?

Regards

Eric
dellams

Post by dellams »

In the end it did turn out to my alternator, it could be your alternator on its way out? Im not sure if they can play up or if they just go completely.

Mine went due to an oil leak from my seals going, you might want to check your alternator to see if it has any oil or any other gunk on it. Mine was coated!

Hope this helps.
progressed

Post by progressed »

dellams wrote:In the end it did turn out to my alternator, it could be your alternator on its way out? Im not sure if they can play up or if they just go completely.

Mine went due to an oil leak from my seals going, you might want to check your alternator to see if it has any oil or any other gunk on it. Mine was coated!

Hope this helps.

Exactly what happened to mine recently, pi$$ed me off to have to replace an already changed 140amp one.
dellams

Post by dellams »

Yeah and my replacement one got coated pretty quick again but luckily managed to get the seals changed before it took out another one! :)
kaitaz

Post by kaitaz »

I'd like to say thanks for the info even though I have just posted a question regarding warning lights!!! and I'm not even blonde... :oops:
dellams

Post by dellams »

No worries, glad to help! :thumleft:
RST

Post by RST »

Can anyone repair the link please? Just posted a link back to this but the link at the top of the page points to some kind of generic web page now.

...edit, here's the page now, sure it used to list dash lights and their meaning:

http://suspended.easyinternetsolutions. ... omr2.co.uk
Bo

Post by Bo »

DAN_REV1_TURBO

Post by DAN_REV1_TURBO »

Can we not get a copy of this with the symbols back up? It`s a shame this has gone down its pretty useful, hard to read the relevent bit without the symbol to clarify whats on your dash though.
SFLee

Post by SFLee »

Mullen

Post by Mullen »

I had a dash light come on today that I couldn't find on here because the JDM clusters are different to the UK spec so I thought it might help someone else if there were pics of the differences.

JDM MR2 Mk2 Rev1 N/A 3SGE Auto.
Pauln

Post by Pauln »

I thought I'd post this in case it was useful for others:

I downloaded the original images from somewhere a while ago, and just cleaned them up and added a legend for my own reference.

Return to “Mechanical”