[Mk2] [NA] Clutch change needed essex area

Anything and everything to do with mechanical issues with your Mk2

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

Bear87

[Mk2] [NA] Clutch change needed essex area

Post by Bear87 »

So the rev1 na I bought for a daily has be awesome but was always aware the clutch would slip when giving it the beans.
But today the throttle got stuck on while driving and basicly finished it off ](*,)

So now looking to get it replaced. Can anyone recommend a garage close to basildon or a mobile fitter who is familiar with the cars? Can't go far incase the clutch lets go

Any help would be appreciated i would do it myself but so stuck for time.
SonicSW20

Re: [Mk2] [NA] Clutch change needed essex area

Post by SonicSW20 »

Westfields in Rayleigh are the most competent place in Essex as far as MR2's go I think!
Bear87

Post by Bear87 »

Gazza_DJ wrote:Westfields in Rayleigh are the most competent place in Essex as far as MR2's go I think!

Thanks gazza I thought they would be i just know how busy they are. Not sure how long can wait lol
Bear87

Post by Bear87 »

So westfields want over £500 with a cheap clutch! More if i want to put in something better.
Does this seem like too much?
Hez

Post by Hez »

Well TCB parts do a n/a clutch exedy for 80+ vat and i wouldnt pay anymore than 200 labour for the clutch, they are having your pants down. 300-350 all in at the most.
Bear87

Post by Bear87 »

Hez wrote:Well TCB parts do a n/a clutch exedy for 80+ vat and i wouldnt pay anymore than 200 labour for the clutch, they are having your pants down. 300-350 all in at the most.

Thanks Hez thats what i was expecting to pay. Obviously I want it done right but £500 is half of the cars value! ](*,)

Return to “Mechanical”