1994 MR2 GT turbo T-bar

Create a post with details about your car.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

craig

Re: 1994 MR2 GT turbo T-bar

Post by craig »

Madabout wrote:Nice work Craig. I have that boot liner in my yellow mr2.

Cheers buddy, the boot mat is a nice touch.

Reet then, faffing part 2! :mrgreen:

De-cluttering of the interior....

Previously, I had a dual A pillar pod with a blanking plate and oil temp gauge. In addition to this, I have a triple dash pod with volts, AFR and oil pressure gauges.

I decided something had to give!

I got hold of a mint, used T bar A pillar trim off ebay, whipped off the A pillar trim with pod, and fitted the standard trim.

This left me with an oil temp gauge to go somewhere. Additional fittings to cater for this were out of the question, so the volts gauge was to give up its home in the center pod! :lol:

Problem was that the loom for the oil gauge wasn't long enough to reach....

I had a load of Toyota wiring spare, so made up a tidy loom extension for the oil temp gauge to reach its new position.

cue dash trim panels off, gauge pod off, volt gauge removed, oil temp gauge in situ, and connected up with the new loom extension. It works as it should.

Car interior all back together, I went for a country road drive. Unrelated, but this car drives perfectly. :thumleft:

gauges in the center pod all working as they should, I got a quick pic of my much tidier interior:

Nice having all the gauges in the same place. In addition to this, and at Magic Bean's request, a side shot of the car with the stock rear bumper fitted:

that's it....for now. :mrgreen:
Madabout

Post by Madabout »

To quote a phrase sometimes lost in car modification. Often less is more. It is something on my builds I always try to keep in the back of my mind.

I have always liked your car since I have started following the build threads on here but the latest reincarnation does look good.

Have a good weekend.
craig

Post by craig »

Madabout wrote:To quote a phrase sometimes lost in car modification. Often less is more. It is something on my builds I always try to keep in the back of my mind.

I have always liked your car since I have started following the build threads on here but the latest reincarnation does look good.

Have a good weekend.

Thanks mate - comments, as always, appreciated! I'm really into the whole stock look now, everything fits as it should. Not looked back since I started removing the body kit.

Few more things still in the pipeline, watch this space..... :wink: :mrgreen:
markstevieandmads

Post by markstevieandmads »

Ive stripped my kit off too as wanted to get it sprayed properly while the car is off the road while the engine is being refreshed, and as you have, im starting to admire the standard lines without it.

Unfortunately im missing the standard side pod things now and i have no lip on the standard bumper after removing the bomex copy but it does still show how handsome these cars are as standard.
craig

Post by craig »

markstevieandmads wrote:Ive stripped my kit off too as wanted to get it sprayed properly while the car is off the road while the engine is being refreshed, and as you have, im starting to admire the standard lines without it.

Unfortunately im missing the standard side pod things now and i have no lip on the standard bumper after removing the bomex copy but it does still show how handsome these cars are as standard.

:thumleft:

My Side pods had Sard type vents bonded to them, and weren't salvageable, so I bought a standard plack pair off ebay.

I know it's a bit marmite, but I like my Aeroware lip with the stock body. Appreciate it's not to everyones taste, it's also the way they roll stateside :mrgreen:

They do look great standard, body wise. They're old cars now, nice to have the car as Toyota intended it to look. Just my 2p.... :thumleft:
craig

Post by craig »

Right then, the warm, partially sunny weather meant country road time!

Garage door opened, and dragged the dusty girl out :mrgreen:

It really needs a good wash, and will do at some point!

Spent 2 hours round the back roads, car driving perfectly and pulling like a train.

Obligatory stop off for a few pics in it's current guise, with another small aesthetic change :wink:

That's all for now, can't think of much else to do the car now, other than get some enjoyment out of it. :thumleft:
Magic Beans

Post by Magic Beans »

craig wrote:That's all for now, can't think of much else to do the car now, other than get some enjoyment out of it. :thumleft:

This, as I keep saying :thumleft:

Now go make with the cleaning and polishing :mrgreen:
craig

Post by craig »

Magic Beans wrote:

Now go make with the cleaning and polishing :mrgreen:

Much needed! Doesn't look too bad in the pics, but it's got a lovely coat of dust on it. :lol:
JLW

Post by JLW »

I much prefer it in this current look Craig, have never been that much of a fan
of the Bomex kit, but hey if we all liked the same thing the world would be
boring. Good to see you having some fun in her :)
craig

Post by craig »

JLW wrote:I much prefer it in this current look Craig, have never been that much of a fan
of the Bomex kit, but hey if we all liked the same thing the world would be
boring. Good to see you having some fun in her :)

Cheers fella! If I'm completely honest, I'm not overly keen on the Bomex either, we'll see. :wink:

But yeah, glad to be actually driving it rather than constantly faffing! :lol:
JAAASH
IMOC Moderator

Post by JAAASH »

craig wrote:But yeah, glad to be actually driving it rather than constantly faffing! :lol:

And here i am, having not driven mine since February, considering dropping the engine so i can do a proper clean/spruce up and wire tuck :clown: #-o

p.s. Good to see you getting your hands dirty! Ambers look good :thumleft:
Last edited by JAAASH on Tue Aug 22, 2017 2:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

My MR2 - http://www.imoc.co.uk/forums/viewtopic.php?t=174494
markstevieandmads

Post by markstevieandmads »

JAAASH wrote:
craig wrote:
JLW wrote:But yeah, glad to be actually driving it rather than constantly faffing! :lol:

And here i am, having not driven mine since February, considering dropping the engine so i can do a proper clean/spruce up and wire tuck :clown: #-o

Aah wire tuck....good idea. Might do this as well while the engine is out.
craig

Post by craig »

JAAASH wrote:
craig wrote:But yeah, glad to be actually driving it rather than constantly faffing! :lol:

Wow, February! :shock: That's dedication and drive right there to still have the interest to crack on! Probably wouldn't make start on your plans before JAE though!! :mrgreen:

There's another little side project I'm currently working on too....

Cheers for the comments mate :thumleft:
JAAASH
IMOC Moderator

Post by JAAASH »

Tell me about it! I'd lost all motivation earlier in the year but im cracking on with it now. The mr2 is already in bits though and won't be making JAE unfortunately. I'll be in something Jap, but will be demoted to leapers row :lol:

craig

Post by craig »

JAAASH wrote:Tell me about it! I'd lost all motivation earlier in the year but im cracking on with it now. The mr2 is already in bits though and won't be making JAE unfortunately. I'll be in something Jap, but will be demoted to leapers row :lol:

oooo, Evo? 8)
JAAASH
IMOC Moderator

Post by JAAASH »

craig wrote:
JAAASH wrote:Tell me about it! I'd lost all motivation earlier in the year but im cracking on with it now. The mr2 is already in bits though and won't be making JAE unfortunately. I'll be in something Jap, but will be demoted to leapers row :lol:

oooo, Evo? 8)

That's the plan. As long as it passes it's MOT next Tuesday!

Magic Beans

Post by Magic Beans »

JAAASH wrote:That's the plan. As long as it passes it's MOT next Tuesday!

Are your folks making an appearance this year?
JAAASH
IMOC Moderator

Post by JAAASH »

Magic Beans wrote:
JAAASH wrote:That's the plan. As long as it passes it's MOT next Tuesday!

Are your folks making an appearance this year?

Afraid not mate :-:

craig

Post by craig »

Well, just got back from a fantastic weekend at JAE 2017.

I've not been to JAE since 2012! :o

Great to catch up with people I've not seen since then!

Weather was super hot, no rain. Social aspect was awesome. Just sat chilling in the sun talking to old mates, whilst drinking beer. Perfection. :mrgreen:

Met up with Phil (Magic Beans) at Grantham services on the A1.

Grabbed some lunch while waiting for Phil. Also decided to take some shots of the de-dusted, washed/waxed car in the sun:

Quite some time later ( :wink: ), Phil and Adrienne arrived, and we made our way over to the East of England showground. Well, we did after my Sat nav decided to take us to an invalid entrance! :lol:

Didn't take many pics, as I was too busy enjoying myself :lol:

Here's some of my car on the stand. I'll add the JAE specific ones to the JAE picture thread.

Mine and Phil's car. The photo's do not do his car justice. The contrast of the white and the smoked bits looks spot on.

Phil then moved the car closer to his tent, and a MK1 appeared!

And lastly, a rear quarter pic, before setting off home:

300 mile round trip, and the car drove perfectly. Great show, great time, great people!

:thumleft:
Magic Beans

Post by Magic Beans »

Good to see you guys this weekend. Next time we meet up we'll be going north, very north :D

I spent a chunk of time analysing you car on the way down. It looks fantastic now, everything compliments everything around it perfectly. :thumleft:

Glad to see people got some good photos too. I CBA to lug the camera about so didn't bring it :lol:

Return to “Member Profiles”