Bigperm Mr2 ebay

Discussion and technical advice the SW20 MR2. 3S-GTE, 3S-GE, 3S-FE etc
Anything and everything to do with maintenance, modifications and electrical is in here for the Mk2.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

SonicSW20

Re: Bigperm Mr2 ebay

Post by SonicSW20 »

Have you considered small claims court?
jimGTS

Post by jimGTS »

though i feel your pain, most of the above are easy things to spot on a good viewing and test drive, no :?
Charged
IMOC Committee

Post by Charged »

Not being rude and I feel for you but did you not spot some of the issues when you viewed/inspected/test drove the vehicle?
If you can't see the angle, you're in trouble.
headrushuk

Post by headrushuk »

he wouldent let me drive the vehicle
headrushuk

Post by headrushuk »

i made a bad call i put my hands up but i was suckered into this i thought it was the mint by looking at it but its not
SonicSW20

Post by SonicSW20 »

There probably is a case for small claims here. Bear in mind he is a trader, *not* a private seller. This gives you more rights under the Consumer Rights Act 2015 - familiarise yourself with this legislation. He can say no warranty all he wants but that doesn't remove your statutory rights.

From his original advert on eBay (print / save the advert as a PDF before it gets removed!)

After all this work was carried out it went to my paint guy and had a full respray, so now its one shade of yellow! It was only a blow over, as there was no damage or rust, but its a very good quality job. This is the most solid and straight MR2 I've ever seen.

This is misrepresentation. Big Perm have clearly stated there is no rust, and you're saying there's a lot. I'm going to guess rear arches and sills under the skirts?

He also states As you can imagine it drives absolutely faultlessly. - more misrepresentation assuming what you're saying is true about the gearbox issues.

This car needs for nothing, just ready to be enjoyed! - apparently not true either!

The AA have a summary of the Consumer Rights Act 2015 here - https://www.theaa.com/car-buying/legal-rights
Full legislation here - http://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/201 ... ts/enacted

You need to document everything and build a complete timeline of events starting from the date of purchase with records of contact (all by email / text chat / recordable means I hope), and take it to small claims.
headrushuk

Post by headrushuk »

rear arches are crumbling and sills are rotten and crumbling
headrushuk

Post by headrushuk »

paintwork is also starting to bubble on arches
aussieGT

Post by aussieGT »

headrushuk wrote:he wouldent let me drive the vehicle

Dude….
SonicSW20

Post by SonicSW20 »

aussieGT wrote:
headrushuk wrote:he wouldent let me drive the vehicle

Dude….

At least 'Big Perm' can't claim the buyer knew about the gearbox issues... :-k
headrushuk

Post by headrushuk »

he wrote it on the sale 5 gear problem invoice all he said to me was that 5th is *notchy*
headrushuk

Post by headrushuk »

aussiegt I was blind sighted by the car i fell in love im sure everyone has made a mistake once in a while
aussieGT

Post by aussieGT »

headrushuk wrote:aussiegt I was blind sighted by the car i fell in love im sure everyone has made a mistake once in a while

Man, if I wanted to buy a car and the seller wouldn't let me have a test drive of it there's no way on earth i'd buy it.

Sure, it does happen that we can see the car in a nice fuzzy day dream effect when its what we want and overlook some faults that may seem to stand out to others, but not being allowed to drive it? No way.

The seller being a trader should help you out legally I hope, but you haven't done yourself any favours by not having a test drive. I guess you are a young bloke that got a bit overexcited by the car, it happens!

Interestingly the seller still uses the car in his Facebook video - only standing still though.
SonicSW20

Post by SonicSW20 »

Small claims. Do it sooner rather than later.
headrushuk

Post by headrushuk »

i need to build a case against him ive spoken to him today he lying on the phone saying i was aware of all rust etc and resulted in him saying hes not fixing anything and that trading standards come and visited him and that they looked at everything my letter and said hes fine and to ignore me so i rang citizens advice and they said all i can do is go to small claims court now so i guess thats it but how much am i claiming for >? because it asks and fees etc
SonicSW20

Post by SonicSW20 »

Ask him to put that in writing, he's agreeing it's rusty yet his advert states that it has no rust.
headrushuk

mr2

Post by headrushuk »

hes blocked me from all contact now as he states he does not have to speak to me
auzzam

Post by auzzam »

aussieGT wrote:
headrushuk wrote:aussiegt I was blind sighted by the car i fell in love im sure everyone has made a mistake once in a while

Man, if I wanted to buy a car and the seller wouldn't let me have a test drive of it there's no way on earth i'd buy it.

Sure, it does happen that we can see the car in a nice fuzzy day dream effect when its what we want and overlook some faults that may seem to stand out to others, but not being allowed to drive it? No way.

The seller being a trader should help you out legally I hope, but you haven't done yourself any favours by not having a test drive. I guess you are a young bloke that got a bit overexcited by the car, it happens!

Interestingly the seller still uses the car in his Facebook video - only standing still though.

Strangely enough the chap who bought mine didn't ask for a test drive and was happy with me demonstrating. Although I was very honest about the issues in my advert.
aussieGT

Post by aussieGT »

auzzam wrote:

Strangely enough the chap who bought mine didn't ask for a test drive and was happy with me demonstrating. Although I was very honest about the issues in my advert.

thats quite a big difference though, you didn't refuse his request to drive it himself.
auzzam

Post by auzzam »

True! I see your point.

Good luck with the courts, try look into writs if you can (I saw recently on a BBC show that a dodgey trader sold an unsafe car and was forced to payout after refusing contact, the sheriff's collect the debt on your behalf)

Return to “MR2 MK2 1990 - 1999 NA & Turbo”