Alternator belt for a mk1 SC

Discussion and technical advice for 84-89 AW10 & AW11 MR2. 3A-LU, 4A-GE, 4A-GZE.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

oukie
IMOC Organiser

Alternator belt for a mk1 SC

Post by oukie »

Hi does anyone know where I can get a new replacement belt for my SC with aircon, obviously there's Toyota, but with it being an import,
I wasn't sure of the availability, that and its a 15 mile drive to my nearest absoulty useless dealership.

I had a quick Google but only found belts for the n/a or the SC with NO aircon.

Thanks

Chris
Last edited by oukie on Sun May 14, 2017 12:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mk1b White T-bar SC 1987, Mk1b White coupe Jan90, Mk1b White coupe Jan90 (spares), Mk1b Mica blue T-bar Mar90, Mk1b Mica blue T-bar,full climate control,Jan90, 5 mk1's :)
jon_st205

Re: Alternator belt for a mk1 SC

Post by jon_st205 »

I'll have a look at mine to see if the size markings are still legible.
Bear87

Post by Bear87 »

Try importcarparts.co.uk
Used them a couple of times always have the obscure parts.

Hope that helps

Brad
Lauren
IMOC Committee

Post by Lauren »

You'll be able to get it from Toyota. Or try Toyota RRG Macclesfield. 01625 869 900. Ask for Paul, he'll be able to post it up to you.
2020 GR Yaris - Circuit Pack :lover:
oukie
IMOC Organiser

Post by oukie »

Thanks for the replies, I've got one coming from Fensport.
Mk1b White T-bar SC 1987, Mk1b White coupe Jan90, Mk1b White coupe Jan90 (spares), Mk1b Mica blue T-bar Mar90, Mk1b Mica blue T-bar,full climate control,Jan90, 5 mk1's :)
phaeton

Post by phaeton »

Surely you only need to know the length & number of ribs, a belt is a belt is a belt?
oukie
IMOC Organiser

Post by oukie »

The old belt was damaged, so was unreadable and I was unable to take a measurement for the same reasons.

I do have a modicum of intelligence.

For thanks for your 'input'
phaeton

Post by phaeton »

oukie wrote:The old belt was damaged, so was unreadable and I was unable to take a measurement for the same reasons.

Take it as sarcasm if you wish it wasn't intended so, but if it's still in one piece than all you had to do was fold it in half, measure top to bottom & double it, or get a piece of string & put it around the outside & again measure it. But as you have a modicum of intelligence you would already know that so I'll let you waste your money at Fensport when you could have gone to Eurocarparts.
jon_st205

Post by jon_st205 »

Would be great to post up the size once you have received (and checked it fits) so it can be searched for by anyone in the future.

Cheers,
Jon
oukie
IMOC Organiser

Post by oukie »

phaeton wrote:
oukie wrote:The old belt was damaged, so was unreadable and I was unable to take a measurement for the same reasons.

Take it as sarcasm if you wish it wasn't intended so, but if it's still in one piece than all you had to do was fold it in half, measure top to bottom & double it, or get a piece of string & put it around the outside & again measure it. But as you have a modicum of intelligence you would already know that so I'll let you waste your money at Fensport when you could have gone to Eurocarparts.

It's not joined any ore, part of the belt was potentially missing, also, seeing as I'd already removed the alternator, I was unable to run a length of string etc,
oukie
IMOC Organiser

Post by oukie »

jon_st205 wrote:Would be great to post up the size once you have received (and checked it fits) so it can be searched for by anyone in the future.

Cheers,
Jon

Will do.
jimi

Re: Alternator belt for a no1 SC

Post by jimi »

oukie wrote:
I wasn't sure of the availability, that and its a 15 mile drive to my nearest absoulty useless dealership.

:-s I've never had any problem with Western Toyota at Halbeath
Last edited by jimi on Thu Mar 23, 2017 4:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SuperRedMR2

Post by SuperRedMR2 »

oukie wrote:Hi does anyone know where I can get a new replacement belt for my SC with aircon, obviously there's Toyota, but with it being an import,

I had a quick Google but only found belts for the n/a or the SC with NO aircon.

Thanks

Chris

I've got a SC lump with the air con compressor, but i have just cut the belt off as i'll be removing the compressor. However, I can measure the belt for you if that helps?
oukie
IMOC Organiser

Post by oukie »

jimi wrote:
oukie wrote:

:-s I've never had any problem with Western Toyota at Halbeath

That's because you have an n/a, Jimi, the young guy that came out to me from parts told me that Toyoyta did not make a mk1 supercharger.

Lololololololol
oukie
IMOC Organiser

Post by oukie »

The belt that I used was a Gate's 5pk1030 £12 from local factors
jimi

Post by jimi »

Hope you educated him :D plus the really good parts guy (I think his name was Kirrill ?) has moved on :(

Return to “MR2 MK1 1984-1989 NA & SC”