HKS fcon chip rev2 turbo

Discussion and technical advice the SW20 MR2. 3S-GTE, 3S-GE, 3S-FE etc
Anything and everything to do with maintenance, modifications and electrical is in here for the Mk2.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

philmr2

HKS fcon chip rev2 turbo

Post by philmr2 »

I've seen a hks fcon plug and play chip on ebay, does anybody know what sort of gains can be got from one of these as I would like to perk my car up a little but not to much.

If any body has got any links or stats for one that would be great.

Cheers Phil
Odin_S

Re: HKS fcon chip rev2 turbo

Post by Odin_S »

What have you done to your car so far? Very rarely is there a ECU that you just plug in and play and get gains,

Unlike mapping a more modern car like say a Golf GTI, most MR2s are not in the same state of tune as most Golfs are

As far as the that ECU i'd say save your money
Essex2Visuvesi

Post by Essex2Visuvesi »

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/hks-fcon-mr2- ... Sw241YmOG1

If its this one then yes it is plug an play with regards to wiring but will need to be mapped to get the best out of it
philmr2

Post by philmr2 »

Yes that's the one, I'm toying with either getting one of them or a electronic boost valve.

Car is pretty much stock apart from a blitz filter, I've refitted a stock exhaust system bur if needs be would put an aftermarket one back on.
Chumbaside

Post by Chumbaside »

Get yourself a decent electronic boost controller and have some fun!

If you buy an ECU, it'll need mapping (if you like your engine) and that's a lot of cash to spend on such a mildly modded car.

You could really do with a free flowing exhaust to help the car breathe - you've done the filter so that's good.

Buy a boost controller, turn up the boost a little, enjoy :thumleft:
philmr2

Post by philmr2 »

That's what I'm thinking , I don't want silly power I just want it to feel a little bit willing to go.
alanmr2turbo

Post by alanmr2turbo »

Save your money. Most of these dont come with the PFC F-CON absolute pressure sensor. Whether you can use the Stock one i don't know.

Best option to go is REV3 fuelling and get rid of the AFM. Bigger injectors so safer on up'ing boost and no need for a FCD
toecutter

Post by toecutter »

Doesn't look like it has the MAP sensor with it. The 3 Bar GM sensor works in place of the original one. That's what I use in mine. Was £30-£40 from America.

There's a switch inside to change the amount of fuel delivered, I set mine up with my wideband, never had it on a rolling road so no idea what difference it makes. Made a lot of changes at the same time so can't go by feel either.

Bit of info here along with install manual - http://1jzmerc.com/hks-faq/hardware/pfc-f-con

I'd say it's very overpriced, especially without a MAP sensor, but then look what people pay for a Blitz Access ect.
Al-sw20

Post by Al-sw20 »

ct20b + exhaust + downpipe and EBC are the best bang for buck modifications for an MR2 turbo. Disable the boost cut and you can run 12s.

Return to “MR2 MK2 1990 - 1999 NA & Turbo”