[Mk2] [Turbo] Check engine light on dash flashing when under acceleration and on start up

Anything to do with the electrics of the car.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

manuelk1

[Mk2] [Turbo] Check engine light on dash flashing when under acceleration and on start up

Post by manuelk1 »

Hi there,

Hopefully someone can shine some light on this issue.

It's a rev 2 turbo and the check engine light is coming on the dash intermittently when starting up and upon acceleration, however upon checking for codes by bridging on the diagnostics no codes are stored as the light is just continuously flashing.

Cheers
markstevieandmads

Re: [Mk2] [Turbo] Check engine light on dash flashing when under acceleration and on start up

Post by markstevieandmads »

I can tell you now its leaking capacitors in your ecu. Plenty of threads on this and common problem.
manuelk1

Re: [Mk2] [Turbo] Check engine light on dash flashing when under acceleration and on start up

Post by manuelk1 »

Ill open it up and have a look, will report back with results :thumleft:
Driftlimits Performance
IMOC Affiliated Company

Post by Driftlimits Performance »

Indeed, you'll have the 89661-17380 ECU which is prone to leaky capacitors.
manuelk1

Post by manuelk1 »

Bang on the money you two! 2 capacitors have leaked all over the board! Time to find a Rev 2 Ecu ASAP. Will repair the faulty one once I've got a replacement one wired up... just incase I mess up :thumleft:
manuelk1

Post by manuelk1 »

If anyone's selling one please let me know btw
markstevieandmads

Post by markstevieandmads »

Just repair the one you got as your only need to repair the other one you buy lol
I kept a spare rev 2 turbo ecu after suffering the same fate but ended up selling it on as once my old one was repaired i didnt need it.
manuelk1

Post by manuelk1 »

That's very true mate! Sourced one for the weekend so I'll fit that one so I've atleast got one running properly for the moment then repair my existing one ready for when the new one knackers up haha

Return to “Electrical”