The Mule

Create a post with details about your car.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

Draven

Re: The Mule

Post by Draven »

Looking forward to the results of this :)
2mad

Post by 2mad »

That doors pretty bad .. fire up the bat signal someone may have a gooden going spare :thumleft:

I junked mine time ago but would have donated mine to you O:)
Martin F
IMOC Moderator

Post by Martin F »

2mad wrote:That doors pretty bad .. fire up the bat signal someone may have a gooden going spare :thumleft:

I junked mine time ago but would have donated mine to you O:)

Thanks for the offer dude but I kept a spotless one from my old white rev 3 specifically incase of this event (phil mentioned about the door prior to me buying the car) :wink:
Martin F
IMOC Moderator

Post by Martin F »

Every weekend I have had to endure showers or heavy rain :evil: , car has done virtually no miles since june ](*,)
In fact, so little use is making me consider selling up and just having a decent daily :-k
Anyway, painted the spare door, came out really well, also painted the white parts from the interior as they had dirty black marks, now maybe do the bootlid this weekend :-k

really happy with the door, no more rust stains on the lower side skirt anymore \:D/
2mad

Post by 2mad »

Very nice mate looks a treat ... and dont sell up i like this thread :thumleft:
Draven

Post by Draven »

Keep at it dude. :)
Magic Beans

Post by Magic Beans »

The cubby and cards have come up well :) They look good but they're a bu88er to keep clean aren't they!

Have you pearled the door yet? Can't tell on my phone.
Martin F
IMOC Moderator

Post by Martin F »

Magic Beans wrote:The cubby and cards have come up well :) They look good but they're a bu88er to keep clean aren't they!

Have you pearled the door yet? Can't tell on my phone.

They were dirty from the previous owner, I just never got round to fixing them.

I tried cleaning them, that didn't work, I tried spraying them but that didn't work either, painted them with a brush worked a treat though, job done :mrgreen:

Yes, did 3 coats of pearl, door had a very small dent that I spotted after putting the basecoat on, I said to my mum (I used her garage to spray the door) that I was going to start again and fix the dent but she said just to carry on as I would make it worse (I wouldn't have) and I took her advice, total regret that decision but I have enough paint to do it again if need be #-o

It has come out almost exactly the same as the original colour, a bit brighter but if I polish the whole car I am confident of a perfect match (that's why I had to buy 1 litre of the pearl ( it was the only way to get the correct mix)).

My biggest issue is i'm a single parent holding down full time employment, it takes a lot of time to clean and cook for two etc. , so when I do get some free time I just want to put my feet up and chill to some tv/music and a few beers. The weather doesn't help either, really need to get back into the swing of my younger years and get driving again :lol: #-o
Martin F
IMOC Moderator

Post by Martin F »

Draven wrote:Keep at it dude. :)

I have no reason to sell, financially i'm comfortable plus some :mrgreen: ...

My reasoning is that with other things going on she hardly gets driven, I bought a Peugeot from a dealership last year as a cheap daily but it turns out to be my main car. I feel the need for something a bit more fun as a daily, i'm looking for an e46 m3 in phoenix yellow, will I still need a second car with that ????

I'm not sure :-k
Magic Beans

Post by Magic Beans »

I fully understand your mindset, Martin.

Do what feels right for you. If you're happy your journey with it doesn't need to go any further and are confident you'd have no regrets in the future, then maybe it is time to move on. We should always have these cars because we want them and want to use them. Once that feeling goes away you get to a position where you're using it because you feel you should, because you're emotionally and financially invested in it.

I only bought the Rev 5 because I wanted another creative outlet and fancied having something to tinker with. I have no interest in being back in the place I was, none at all. If I start to lose interest it will be gone, replaced with focusing on something else (likely building projects).

You'll make the right decision when the time comes. In the meantime I'll continue to read with interest :)
craig

Post by craig »

Magic Beans wrote:I fully understand your mindset, Martin.

Do what feels right for you. If you're happy your journey with it doesn't need to go any further and are confident you'd have no regrets in the future, then maybe it is time to move on. We should always have these cars because we want them and want to use them. Once that feeling goes away you get to a position where you're using it because you feel you should, because you're emotionally and financially invested in it.

I only bought the Rev 5 because I wanted another creative outlet and fancied having something to tinker with. I have no interest in being back in the place I was, none at all. If I start to lose interest it will be gone, replaced with focusing on something else (likely building projects).

You'll make the right decision when the time comes. In the meantime I'll continue to read with interest :)

That statement, Mr Phol, is bang on! I sometimes feel like that, but then just buy stuff and it keeps my interests up :mrgreen:

My car spends most of its life in the garage, but it owes me nothing, and I'd never get back anywhere near, what I've put into it.
Martin F
IMOC Moderator

Post by Martin F »

craig wrote:
Magic Beans wrote:I fully understand your mindset, Martin.

That statement, Mr Phol, is bang on! I sometimes feel like that, but then just buy stuff and it keeps my interests up :mrgreen:

My car spends most of its life in the garage, but it owes me nothing, and I'd never get back anywhere near, what I've put into it.

I had her out for a drive this evening for the first time in 2 months, (that says it all really) !!! and it was awesome, running low boost and she is a seriously quick road car, had a smart ar$e undertake me in an s5 and sat on his bumper with total ease on the country roads until we hit a straight....
So to think of selling up is madness, my issue is to get a life and start driving her a bit more.
The 'said' issue is that 6-8 years ago I got full custody of my son, pretty much brought him up on my own.
I moved cities to do this leaving my job and friends etc. then went from being out every weekend to having to be a full time working dad, he is 15 now so I should now be opening my horizons :-k

Back on topic, the door isn't a perfect colour match, it is a bit brighter than the rest of the bodywork, I can try a bit of wet and dry to dull it down, if not then it's going to be a time consuming job getting the old door fixed, what needs to be done will be though.... 8)

I am off the first week in September, couple other body bits need cleaned up then I plan on spraying the chargecooler, pipes, clamps and anything else that takes my fancy pearl white. Pretty sure it will look better than it does now :-k

Is this a bad idea ???
Martin F
IMOC Moderator

Post by Martin F »

I'm going to bud, was just a snap decision because I hadn't driven her in 2 months, all it took was for the engine to warm up tonight for me to change my mind :lol: :-$
2mad

Post by 2mad »

Martin F wrote:

I'm going to bud, was just a snap decision because I hadn't driven her in 2 months, all it took was for the engine to warm up tonight for me to change my mind :lol: :-$

Ha ha you know you got da bug lol :cyclops:
Martin F
IMOC Moderator

Post by Martin F »

2mad wrote:
Martin F wrote:

Ha ha you know you got da bug lol :cyclops:

HaHa, got the bug back in 2002 :-$ , now it's a way of life :wink:
androo007

Post by androo007 »

Hi MArtin,

Im off to get my 2 dyno'd next weekend... gt3076, 1.9 bar.....

What did you make in the end? I couldnt quite work it out. 350whp?
Martin F
IMOC Moderator

Post by Martin F »

androo007 wrote:Hi MArtin,

Im off to get my 2 dyno'd next weekend... gt3076, 1.9 bar.....

What did you make in the end? I couldnt quite work it out. 350whp?

390 whp at 1.9 bar, i usually use the 1.6 bar setting but the extra power is there with the press of a button 8)

Looking forward to see what figures you hit :thumleft:

*edit*

391 whp at 1.95 bar
378 whp at 1.85 bar
343 whp at 1.6 bar

I can't find the power figures for wastegate pressure but it is way laggier due to not taking advantage of the 'Gain' function in the boost controller :(
androo007

Post by androo007 »

Thanks Martin will keep you updated.
scotty1982

Post by scotty1982 »

Any updates on this? I'd love to see how she is doing now.

If you do ever decide to sell please let me know first. I'd love to have her back. I've missed her far too much.
androo007

Post by androo007 »

oh..... Martin

Return to “Member Profiles”