TTE MR2

Discussion and technical advice for 84-89 AW10 & AW11 MR2. 3A-LU, 4A-GE, 4A-GZE.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

greglebon

Re: TTE MR2

Post by greglebon »

Jaspa wrote:
Limeymk1 wrote:Max, how does next summer sound?

Someone mention Roadtrip??? :whistle:

I'll be VERY interested in this, .........! :thumleft:

...could always tie in a little visit to the 'Ring, too......!? :twisted:
toxo
IMOC Committee

Post by toxo »

You're gonna wish you'd never said that Chris :)
IMOC-UK - the only club to win 'Best Club Stand' at JAE more than once, and twice in a row!
LimeyMk1
IMOC Committee

Post by LimeyMk1 »

toxo wrote:You're gonna wish you'd never said that Chris :)

:lol: Maybe. Ring trip would be good too. :mrgreen:

Uploading here: http://s533.photobucket.com/albums/ee33 ... rpS%20Mk1/

Hope the link works. :pray:

Some were taken on my phone as I'd run out of film, most were taken by Richard (Polypedates). :thumleft:
toxo
IMOC Committee

Post by toxo »

Someone needs to whip those photos off Neil's link too, they won't stay in the wayback machine forever :thumleft:
IMOC-UK - the only club to win 'Best Club Stand' at JAE more than once, and twice in a row!
LimeyMk1
IMOC Committee

Post by LimeyMk1 »

toxo wrote:Someone needs to whip those photos off Neil's link too, they won't stay in the wayback machine forever :thumleft:

Will go and nab. :twisted: Mine are all uploaded.

Will the link above allow viewing John?
toxo
IMOC Committee

Post by toxo »

Yep, works fine :thumleft:
cartledge_uk

Post by cartledge_uk »

In on the road trip too :mrgreen:
greglebon

Post by greglebon »

cartledge_uk wrote:In on the road trip too :mrgreen:

Will that be in your Mk1 AE92 SC, by any chance...? :wink:
Neil_turbo

Post by Neil_turbo »

toxo wrote:Someone needs to whip those photos off Neil's link too, they won't stay in the wayback machine forever :thumleft:

I have them saved on back up aswell :thumleft:
MartG

Post by MartG »

Neil_turbo wrote:

I have them saved on back up aswell :thumleft:

Ditto :thumleft:
LimeyMk1
IMOC Committee

Post by LimeyMk1 »

BTW did anyone get a copy of the video of the car doing the hill climb? I know it was posted up somewhere and my copy's bust. :(
toxo
IMOC Committee

Post by toxo »

Someone's got it because I've seen it recently... can't remember where though #-o
Gary ST165

Post by Gary ST165 »

Japanese language video from Goodwood FOS: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wNSVmIU6h9o

i love this car :clap:
cartledge_uk

Post by cartledge_uk »

greglebon wrote:
cartledge_uk wrote:In on the road trip too :mrgreen:

Will that be in your Mk1 AE92 SC, by any chance...? :wink:

I dont want to get my hopes up on that, 2 years and counting :lol:
ModelYear1983

Post by ModelYear1983 »

BUMP FROM THE DEAD!

Man, there's a crapload of conflicting information about these cars all over the internet. I'm trying to pin down the what's what on the three remaining 222D prototypes once and for all.

Question for LimeyMk1:
Was the black car with the red Toyota decal on the windscreen RWD with a 503E like it appears? After weeding out some obvious bullcrap, my research indicates that the white car in Japan is AWD and features a longitudinal 503E, the black car with the white Toyota decal (in Germany?) is RWD with a longitudinal 503E, and the black car with the red Toyota decal is RWD with a transverse 503E.

Some source claim one or more of the cars used a 4T-GTE, but I can't tell for sure from photographs if any of the remaining three cars are so equipped. There are rumors of a mysterious V6 powered prototype as well — can anybody clarify whether this is BS or not? I also read somewhere that one prototype was FWD and crashed in testing. Sounds dubious ...

The archived info from WRCkits on the white car says the 222D was developed for Group B rallying, which makes sense since all the remaining prototypes wouldn't have met the alleged Group S regulations (which I'm trying to firm up, e-mailed the FIA today) that would've limited engine displacement for turbo/supercharged cars to 1.2-litres and required cars weigh in at no less than 1000kg — the weight of the transverse AWD car reportedly reflected a mere 750kg. Maybe the AWD cars cracked the scales over 1000kg?

I e-mailed TMG in attempt to get the real info on these cars from the real source. We'll see if they get back to me. 8)
222D

Post by 222D »

Hello all, i'm Wim and i'm from Belgium. I am slowly building a 222D replica, would also like some more info about running gear.
Sorry, i can't post pics for now.

LimeyMk1
IMOC Committee

Post by LimeyMk1 »

ModelYear1983 wrote:BUMP FROM THE DEAD!

Man, there's a crapload of conflicting information about these cars all over the internet. I'm trying to pin down the what's what on the three remaining 222D prototypes once and for all.

Question for LimeyMk1:
Was the black car with the red Toyota decal on the windscreen RWD with a 503E like it appears? After weeding out some obvious bullcrap, my research indicates that the white car in Japan is AWD and features a longitudinal 503E, the black car with the white Toyota decal (in Germany?) is RWD with a longitudinal 503E, and the black car with the red Toyota decal is RWD with a transverse 503E.

Some source claim one or more of the cars used a 4T-GTE, but I can't tell for sure from photographs if any of the remaining three cars are so equipped. There are rumors of a mysterious V6 powered prototype as well — can anybody clarify whether this is BS or not? I also read somewhere that one prototype was FWD and crashed in testing. Sounds dubious ...

The archived info from WRCkits on the white car says the 222D was developed for Group B rallying, which makes sense since all the remaining prototypes wouldn't have met the alleged Group S regulations (which I'm trying to firm up, e-mailed the FIA today) that would've limited engine displacement for turbo/supercharged cars to 1.2-litres and required cars weigh in at no less than 1000kg — the weight of the transverse AWD car reportedly reflected a mere 750kg. Maybe the AWD cars cracked the scales over 1000kg?

I e-mailed TMG in attempt to get the real info on these cars from the real source. We'll see if they get back to me. 8)

The red stickered one was 4wd and if I remember correctly they were all 4wd and all 503E powered. The red and white stickered cars that were pictured together are both held by TMG in Germany. If Richard (Polypedates) reads this he may be able to remember a bit more than me.

I've heard the same about the V6 version, this was repeated in Racecar Engineer's article in 2008, but never seen anything concrete. Certainly the driver of the 222D we spoke to at Goodwood never mentioned a V6 being produced. They also mention in the same article that Group S was going to be as loony as Group B but they changed the regs, reducing power output.

If you get anything back from TMG, I'd be very interested in having a read. :thumleft:

That replica looks awesome Wim. :thumleft: =P~
Neil_turbo

Post by Neil_turbo »

222D wrote:Hello all, i'm Wim and i'm from Belgium. I am slowly building a 222D replica, would also like some more info about running gear.
Sorry, i can't post pics for now.

Looking awesome Wim - how is everything progressing? :thumleft:
222D

Post by 222D »

Thanks, this is just the body buck, i still have to make the moulds.
toxo
IMOC Committee

Post by toxo »

TRD in Yokahama are opening their museum to the public over the weekend, as part of an auto show there. This is the museum with the White 222D in it, so keep an eye out for photos surfacing start of next week. Could be very interesting :)

Return to “MR2 MK1 1984-1989 NA & SC”