| Fitting a New Ignition Cylinder
Description Text guide to fitting a new ignition barrel
Date Sun Aug 20, 2006 1:02 am
Type Text How-To
Viewer Comments [0 - Post your comments]
|Fitting a New Ignition Cylinder
Text guide to fitting a new ignition barrel
|MKII MR2 Turbo
Fitting a New Ignition Cylinder
Tools: - Small Alan-key, Stubby Philips screw driver, Flat head screw driver.
Difficulty Rating: - 2/10
Time Needed: - 20 Mins
Cost: - £45
1. Take out the new cylinder you have bought and look at the button on the top (you will need to put the key in and turn it to ACC before you can push the button down, Remember this!!!).
2. Remove the gear stick gaiter (Just Pulls Off).
3. Remove the gear stick surround panel (Again Just Pulls Off).
4. Remove the ashtray (Mine Fell Out).
5. Remove the Left side of the dashboard face plate and any associated screws.
6. Remove the right side of the dashboard face plate (this is secured by 2 screws that are in the section of dashboard bellow, one on each side) you may need to adjust the steering wheel to make this easer.
7. Pull the bottom of the dashboard out (the side under the ignition barrel) with this pulled down use a stubby Phillips screw driver and remove the screw securing the shroud from the ignition barrel front and pull the shroud off.
8. Use an small Alan-key and hook it into the top of the existing barrel with the key in and turned to ACC, Hold the key with a bit of pulling pressure, as you do this push down on the Alan key (try to guess where the button is because you sure cant see it!!!). When you get the button the inside of the barrel should come out in once piece.
9. Get your new barrel, put the key in and turn it to ACC and just push it in.
10. make sure your car is out of gear and start it. If it works re-fit the entire dashboard and make sure all the screws are re-fitted (Without any missing!!!).
11. Shout hurrah very loud.
12. Go for a drive to celebrate your new key.
Powered by Knowledge Base, wGEric ©2002 PHPBB.com MOD
This script (Knowledge Base - MX Addon v. 1.03e) is modified by Haplo
Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group