This forum has been retired as of 22/Aug/2021. All threads are locked. Existing users cannot log in and new users cannot register.
It remains here for posterity, and so that old links still lead to content instead of an error message.
All forum threads were migrated to the new forum. Clicking to view a thread on this forum will take you to the same thread on the new forum.

Please click here to access the new forum: https://www.imoc.co.uk/
www.imoc.co.uk Forum Index
 AlbumAlbum CalendarCalendar FAQFAQ SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist Legal NoticeLegal Notice IMOC 1/4 Mile1/4 Mile Table Knowledge BaseKnowledge Base   RegisterRegister 
 GarageCommittee GarageGarage  SubscriptionPremium Membership  ProfileProfile   Log in to check private messagesLog in to check private messages   Log inLog in 
Calendar 
Knowledge Base 
 How to fit an aftermarket tachometer 
Description easy fitting guide that anyone can do.
Author djpkins Date Wed Jul 15, 2009 3:59 pm Type Text How-To

Category Electrical
Views 3130
How to fit an aftermarket tachometer
easy fitting guide that anyone can do.
Very simple and straight forward. First, disconnect the battery negative terminal'second, select the number of cylinders on the back of the tachometer itself. My tachometer has 4 wires attached to it'red - power from the ignition when turned on (red wire from the ignition block) , black - earth or battery negative , white - dashboard lights (connected mine to the cigarette lighter led wire live) , green - rpm signal (on mr2 this is the IG- screw directly behind the rpm clock on the dash cluster pod).

I used the propper little splicing connectors to join the wires together because they cost pennies and do a better, safer job than twisting wires together.

User comments 
Page 1 of 0 All times are GMT
Goto page  

Jump to: